When I put it in writing earlier this week that I was going to make certain commitments to focus on my health and fitness, I committed to making these goals nonnegotiable. My schedule this week and colder weather has tempted me to slack. But I have honored my commitment to myself and fit in exercise everyday. This afternoon I planned to go for a run/walk but realized I didn’t have a house key. I was all dressed and ready to go but wasn’t comfortable leaving the house unlocked (we live in a good neighborhood, but there are some bad people out there). Instead of plopping on the couch, I got out all my workout equipment and did a 45 minute cardio, strength and core routine at home. It felt great! Here is a follow up on where I stand on all my goals thus far:
– Get in three strength training workouts at the gym per week. So far one at the gym and one good at-home strength routine.
– Drink 3 liters of water a day. Still not hitting this goal – getting in two liters but need more.
– Spend less on groceries. This has been easy this week. We have been eating leftovers from the Dude Food tasting and just eating what we have. Next week will be the challenge but I have been thinking about some creative, healthy, tasty, cheap dinners.
– Focus on core work. I have gotten in two solid core routines and plan on getting in 3 more to make the total 5 for the week. I am going to be on my feet a lot more starting in a couple weeks, and I want a strong core and back going into it.
– Start waking up earlier. About 60% on this. This morning I got up at 6:15 with the cat and got a lot done this morning. I am a morning person, so this won’t be too hard. Although leaving my warm comfy bed with my warm boyfriend in it is always hard no matter what time of day it is.
– Eat more veggies. Since we have been limited to what is in the fridge this week, I have not been eating extra veggies, but I always get a pretty decent amount on a regular basis.
– Ride my bike at least once a week. I plan to hit the road Saturday morning for a couple hours.
– Yoga/stretching. Ehh – I don’t know if I will ever be satisfied with how much stretching I do. I found this studio that is voted Best of Sacramento and they have a 10 day $10 pass so I might check the schedule and if it works out sign up for that 10 day deal.
Overall, this week has been pretty good. Both yesterday and today I have made sure to fit in a workout when I could have easily been tempted to skip it. This follow up is a great way for me to keep myself accountable and remind myself of my goals (I had forgotten about the water already).