I don’t like the word resolution. To me a resolution is just something you hope you could do but really never plan on being able to see through to the end. I prefer to set goals throughout the year to keep myself motivated both in my personal and professional life. And the beginning of the year is a great time to do that. I already touched on some of the things I was to accomplish during 2010. Here are some more:
– Drink more water. When I used to sit at my desk all day, I had no problem downing tons of water. Now that I am more on the go, I need to be more conscious of taking in plenty of fluids. I think I may need more water than some people. A gallon a day is ideal for me, but I need at least 3/4 of a gallon.
– Help others. I need to find a place or cause I would like to get involved with in Sacramento.
– Cut back on sweets. Aaron and I have gotten in the habit of eating low fat ice cream every night after dinner. This needs to be reduced to once a week or less. I am going to try to eat fruit or nothing for dessert.
– Incorporate variety into my routine. I would like to do more yoga, swimming and cycling into my exercise routine.
– Focus on my nutrition.
– Save money. This is more like a resolution than a goal because it kind of feels impossible right now.
– Get my running fitness back. I need to get back out on the road and brave the cold weather because I would hate to lose ALL my running base.
Time to take a chill pill and work on these to start with!
2010 Goals for 2010