Happy Super Bowl Sunday. Who are you rooting for? While I have no strong ties with either team, I will be cheering for the Saints. I love an underdog and THEY HAVE NEVER WON A SUPER BOWL! Either way, it will be a fun day.
We will be hosting our 3rd annual Super Bowl party. The Super Bowl actually has some significance in Aaron and my life. Just a couple weeks after we started dating, we traveled to Las Vegas for Super Bowl weekend. Aaron had gone several years in a row, and I had been invited by our mutual friends before Aaron and I even knew each other. I was so nervous when we started dating because I wanted it to at least work out for a couple weeks so Vegas wouldn’t be awkward. Well, 4 Super Bowls later and we have never looked back! We had a great weekend together in Vegas together. Every year since then we have hosted our friends at our house for food, beer, and fun! The Super Bowl is something we look forward to every year!
Aaron has green chili in the crock pot, brownies are in the oven, beer is in the fridge and friends are on their way (in like 6 hours) with more yumminess. We are also making tomato basil pizza and I will cut up some veggies just for good measure. But it’s Super Bowl Sunday and I don’t plan to be a perfect eater. I will just try to control myself and sit as far away from the food as possible.
I leave you with some Super Bowl facts:
– 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. We aren’t having any at our house.
– Colts owner Jim Irsay is footing the bill for 400 people -Colts employees and their guests- to attend the Super Bowl. Pretty cool!
– Of the top 10 most watched television programs of all time, 9 of them are Super Bowls
– Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl.
– Super Bowl fans spend more than $50 million on food during the 4 days prior to the super bowl.
Super Bowl Sunday