Tonight I was treated to dinner made by my lovely boyfriend. He made lasagna when whole wheat noodles, ground turkey, tomato sauce and pesto along with garlic bread and salad. He made dinner for me, his mom, my mom and his aunt. What a guy, right? It was great fuel for my 14 mile run tomorrow. Hopefully all the cheese I ate won’t affect my tummy too much tomorrow.
Today I was thinking about how our Friday night is a lot different than a lot of people my age. It got me thinking about how things are different when you are training for a marathon.
You know you are training for a marathon if:
1. You sleep in later on Fridays than you do on Saturdays
2. You think a 14 mile run is “a nice break”
3. Your morning can be made or ruined by what happens or doesn’t happen in the bathroom
4. You have more running shoes than regular shoes
5. When it’s laundry day you wash more running clothes than work clothes
6. It feels like your Runner’s World Magazine will never come
7. Your family checks your training schedule on the fridge to figure out where the hell you are
What are some other signs that you are a marathon runner – or a runner in general?