Ay yi yi – I have totally fallen off the map, huh? Shame on me – but things have been crazy! When we got engaged I promised myself that Modernation would NOT become a wedding planning blog. But I didn’t mean for it to become no blog at all. Oops! Here’s what I have been up to as of late:
- Super crazy at work – trust me, I’d rather be busy than not busy, but lately things have just been out of control. Oh well, it always gets done!
- Girls on the Run – now that I am Board President there seems to be more to do. Plus, our Spring season is starting in a few weeks so that means coaches training and coordinating with 18 programs! Last night was our first coaches training and that meant I was up at 5AM and not home until 10PM.
Tomorrow kicks off a week of being away from home more than I am home. First two days of work in Napa (rough, I know) and then Sunday I head to Scottsdale for the Girls on the Run national Summit.
Oh yeah – and I want to get married in 8 months! No big deal, right?
Since every part of my life seems to be spinning like crazy right now, I am trying to set goals for each month that I need to accomplish so that the train keeps moving toward the station. Here’s what needs to happen in January (so far):
- Upload CIM photos to GOTR website, Facebook
- Order GOTR branded totes
- Secure date and location for wedding
- Run 4 miles without pain (my IT band has been getting better slowly)
- Build up to running 6 miles (this feels so weird since I ran 26.2 a month ago)
Doable? I hope so. I really want to secure a location and date sooner rather than later – cross you fingers. Maybe this will become a wedding blog (just kidding).
P.S. Hi to my co-worker, Monica, if you are still reading! I promise workouts coming soon – but check out some fo the old ones!