I have decided I want to sign up for the Davis Moo-nlight Half Marathon taking place on July 16th. It always helps me to stay on track when I have something to train for. As much as I wish fitting into my wedding dress was enough motivation on its own, I know that nothing motivates me more than a race.
The plan is to actually train for this race and hopefully run my second sub-2:00 half marathon. As training progresses, I will adjust my goals as well as my training plan, but here is what I am thinking so far: NOTE: Click on the images to see a bigger shot.
- I am planning to run 3 days a week – 1 easy run, 1 speedwork/temp run day, and one long run day.
- I am planning to build up to 14 miles, longer than I have for past half marathons
- Aiming for 3 days of weights and cross training
- Shooting for 1 day a week of yoga
- I may try to do some of my long runs in the evening since the race start is at 7PM. Normally I struggle with runs later in the day, so I feel this is something I need to practice.
Do you have any tips for running in the evening? How do you fuel throughout the day?