First of all, I cannot believe it is June! The weather makes it even harder to believe. Lots of clouds and rain here – NOT at all typical for this time of year.
Anyways – back to the post…
Lately I have been trying to figure out my workout routine. I have a lot of different goals. That, combined with the funky weather has left me all over the place. First, my goals:
- Train for a strong half marathon on July 16th.
- Get back to my fighting weight (right around the time of the marathon)
- Feel my best in my wedding dress on September 17th (hopefully before that)
I waiver back and forth on which goal is my top priority and I am trying get my head wrapped around the idea that they are all tied together and meeting one goal will likely mean I meet them all.
I am trying hard not to freak out about fitting into my wedding dress. In a couple weeks I will be heading to the salon to pick up the dress I ordered in February. I have “fluffed up” a little since then, and really don’t know how/if it will fit when I try it on. All I can do is wait and see.
For now, here is my plan:
- Make time for at least 60 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise 6 days a week
- Include at least 2 runs (minimum 60 minutes) per week
- Complete LaloFit DVD workout 2 times per week
- Schedule the week’s workouts every Sunday
- Workout early in the morning
I am hoping that scheduling my workouts at the beginning of the week will help keep me accountable. I have a hard time sticking to lengthy training plans because things come up and then the plan goes to hell and I lose motivation. Shorter schedules will allow me to plan better.
So, how ’bout this week’s plan?
Monday: 30 minute run + LaloFit
Tuesday: Cross train + weights (lower body)
Wednesday: 60 minute run
Thursday: Cross train + weights (upper body)
Friday: 65 minute run