Wow – November! I truly can’t believe it. Where has 2011 gone?
I started November off right with a trip to the gym. So glad I picked the gym over running outside because it was WINDY today. Running in the wind is so frustrating. I got nice and sweaty on the stairmaster (my go to when I want a real sweat session) and then did this quick circuit (I did two sets of each):
- Kettlebell swings with 20 lb KB
- Ab twists with 10 lb medicine ball
- Cable chest fly
- Cable lat pulldown
- Triceps with rope machine
- Bicep curls
- Back fly
- Back extensions
Be Nice In November
When I left the gym and told the guy at the front desk to have a great day he acted super shocked and his reaction made me think – people need to be nicer! The guy at the front desk should not be surprised when people tell him to have a nice day – he should hear it all the time. It shocks me that people are in such a hurry that they can’t make simple gestures that should be considered common courtesy.
So this is my plea to slow down in November and be nice to people – you would be surprised how far simple gestures can go. Some ideas:
- Help the older lady at the supermarket put her bags in her car (I did this on Monday and she almost keeled over she was so happy)
- Give up your seat at the doctor’s office, on the bus or train to someone older than you – respect your elders
- Hang up your phone while you are checking out at the grocery store (this is one of my pet peeves – so rude!)
- Say hello, thank you, have a nice day, etc. to people you might normally not
- Pay the toll for the car behind you (one of my favorite pay it forward acts)
- Buy a coffee for a stranger at Starbucks and make someone’s morning
- Let the person behind you at the grocery store with only a couple items cut in line
Just be nice, people! What ideas do you have for easy ways to be nice this month?