Do you remember a few years ago when everyone was posting 25 Random things on their FB pages? I was just looking through my page and found mine and thought it would be funny to see if any of those things had changed over the last almost 3 years! I wrote this FB note on February 5, 2009! The blog didn’t even exist yet! Let’s see what the difference is now that it is November 9, 2012
1. I am not afraid of much, and will try almost anything once – STILL KIND OF TRUE BUT AS I GET OLDER I AM MUCH MORE CAUTIOUS AND PARANOID.
2. The exception to #1 is syrup – keep that sh*t away from me – far, far, away – STILL SO TRUE!
3. I try not to eat anything that comes in a box or bag with more than 3 ingredients. The main exception to this rule is rainbow chip cupcakes. I will NEVER turn down a rainbow chip cupcake. Never! – I DON’T EAT RC CUPCAKES ANYMORE DUE TO GLUTEN, BUT I’LL STILL TAKE A SPOONFUL OF THE FROSTING!
4. Funfetti cake is not the same as rainbow chip! STILL ADAMANT ABOUT THAT. FUNFETTI FROSTING TASTES LIKE IT HAS SAND IN IT
5. Sometimes I try to think about where I would be if I had not met Aaron and it scares me. Luckily I don’t have to ever worry about that. LOVE THIS! STILL TRUE
6. I have an insanely good memory which can make some situations awkward. You might not remember me, but I WILL remember you! STILL TRUE
7. I inherited a love of magazines from my mom – HAVE NOW SWITCHED FROM READING MAGAZINES TO BLOGS. I STILL GET RUNNERS WORLD AND COOKING LIGHT.
8. My least favorite word is Squirt – STILL TRUE. ADD MOIST THE LIST AS WELL. YUCK!
9. I can’t pronounce Crayon. And everytime I try to it just gets worse and worse. STILL TRUE
10. Re-learning to ride a bike at age 23 is a very humbling experience – and painful. BUT ONCE YOU RE-LEARN IT IS AWESOME AND “JUST LIKE RIDING A BIKE”.
11. I miss my Colorado friends so much it hurts. But when we are together it is OH SO GOOD. STILL TRUE!
12. The first thing I do when I get home from work is kiss Aaron. The second thing I do is change into sweats (and some days that is almost as wonderful as the kiss) NOW THAT I WORK FROM HOME I KISS AARON ALL DAY AND AM ALSO IN SWEATS ALL DAY USUALLY!
13. I like to think of myself as a girls’ girl and a guys’ girl at the same time – STILL TRUE (I HOPE)
14. Even though I have finished 3 half marathons in the last 6 months, I still have no desire to run a full marathon. Maybe someday, but it really just sounds awful! HAHA. THIS ONE IS THE BEST. OBVIOUSLY THAT DIDN’T HOLD UP.
15. If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be chips and salsa – STILL TRUE. CLOSE RUNNER UP IS CAPRESE SALAD.
16. 2009 is going to be the best year of my life – you heard it here first! 2009 WAS EVENTFUL, NOT SURE IT WAS THE BEST. THE BEST IS YET TO COME I BELIEVE.
17. I am eternally grateful for my supportive, motivating, generous friends and family – STILL SO VERY TRUE
18. I live to make other people happy – it used to be a problem, but now I think I know my limits – I STILL STRUGGLE WITH BEING A PEOPLE PLEASER ALL THE TIME.
19. I don’t like the rain. I blame Sacramento winters and Rio Americano’s horrible architecture – I ONLY LIKE THE RAIN IF I CAN STAY INSIDE ALL DAY CURLED UP UNDER A BLANKET WITH A FIRE.
20. I hate firecrackers but love fireworks – STILL TRUE
21. If you ever need a good laugh, just ask me to wink – STILL DON’T KNOW HOW TO WINK
22. My biggest pet peeve is when a server or bartender puts the customer copy of the receipt on top of the merchant copy. I wind up signing the wrong copy and getting mad and they wind up getting a smaller tip. It really doesn’t work out for anyone. HAHA – THIS STILL DRIVES ME CRAZY, BUT BIGGEST PET PEEVE? COME ON 2009 AMANDA, IT’S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!
23. I do not take advantage of living in San Diego enough – I DON’T LIVE IN SAN DIEGO ANYMORE BUT I AM SURE I DON’T GET OUT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL SACRAMENTO HAS TO OFFER EITHER.
24. Sometimes I am afraid I will squeeze my cat so hard he will pop – but I just love him SO much. I LITERALLY JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS LAST WEEKEND. NOW I DOT HE SAME THING TO CASH!
25. I have a high tolerance for pain, but a low tolerance for liars, flakes and perpetual lateness (Shelley is excluded from this rule because I love her too much!) STILL TRUE. FLAKES PROBABLY TOP MY LIST.
Did you ever do one of this lists? Has a lot changed for you, too?