I have been thinking a lot about my goals for 2012, and will be publicly broadcasting them sometime this week. But first, let’s review last year’s goals:
– Race more. EH. I didn’t race as much as I would have liked, but considering I was planning an Epic wedding, I think I did pretty good. I ran the Shamrock Half Marathon, Sactown Ten Miler, Run to Feed the Hungry 10K, CIM Marathon Relay, Flapjack 5K.
– Do more strength training. Pretty good. It is nice being able to go to the gym after not having a membership for awhile.
– Save money. FAIL. This is one of those goals I will always have and hopefully one day it will stick! Things always seem to come up (hello, wedding and honeymoon). So worth it, though!
– Try new recipes. SUCCESS. Going gluten free in July helped force me to branch out. I also started juicing which I love!
– Sign up for a CSA. FAIL. Although we visited the farm whose CSA I want to join.
– Fine tune my diet. EH. I was up an down with my nutrition this year (as usual). But I was so happy to discover how much better I feel avoiding gluten. I has really made a big difference.
– Take Girls on the Run to the next level. SUCCESS, but I still want more! We have built a really strong board, are growing according to our goals and plan, I got to coach again. I really hope to be able to better focus my efforts next year.