I have been thinking a lot about my goals for 2012. I want to break it down to personal life goals, professional career goals, and fitness goals.
Here goes nothing:
- Prioritize and don’t over commit. I have always had a hard time saying no, and it tends to get me in trouble. I want to do a few things really well rather than a lot of things half-assed. In 2012 my top priorities will be my marriage, my career, my training and Girls on the Run. Anything that takes me away from one of those top priorities needs to add some other sort of benefit to my life, otherwise I need to say no.
- Figure out my health insurance. I get overwhelmed every time I try to get myself health coverage – but I need to suck it up and do it.
- Make a conscious effort to make the most of being newlyweds by doing fun, special things with Aaron. These are the years to enjoy it being just the two of us (humans) before we have kids one day. Date nights, weekend getaways and just being sure to be the best wife I know how to be.
- Focus on making our Girls on the Run council the strongest it has ever been and strengthening our board. I also want to really improve as a GOTR coach. Somedays in the Fall I went to practice so frantic and feeling unprepared – I hate those days. Prioritizing my commitments will help me by able to do that.
- Set some sort of daily routine. I thrive on structure and routine and I need one to be as productive as possible.
- Save money – this will make the list every year of my life I imagine!
- Network and get back in touch with professional connections.
- Work in my office everyday. Some days I get so comfy working on the couch but I get so much more done from the office.
- Train hard for the races I compete in. In 2011 I completed several races, but I didn’t really train for any of them. I am a competitor by nature and I always want to do my best in my races. 2012 is the year of competition. Who knows what will happen next year, so I need to make the most of now!
- PR at my July Half Marathon. My current half marathon PR is 1:57:35 and is from January 2009. It’s time to replace that with a new number!
- Race in an Olympic Distance triathlon. I haven’t done a triathlon for years, and I really want to do another. I’ve got my eye on a local one in May.
- Ride my bike more. I love cycling and it is such good cross training. Hopefully training for a triathlon will force me to ride more.
- Go to yoga at least once a week. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks now, and I am loving having it be a regular part of my routine.
It looks like a lot, but I’m ready for 2012 to be my best year yet! What are some of your 2012 resolutions?