Whew – what a way to welcome 2012! Either the yoga studio was extra hot today, or I had a lot of junk to sweat out. Maybe a combination of both? There were definitely a few more people in class today than normal. Only time will tell if it is a January Joiners thing or just because today was a holiday for most.
It felt so good to kick off 2012 with a healthy start. It also felt good to sleep in (I got 10 hours) and to wake up hydrated and well rested. I even juiced today – its a New Year’s miracle!
How is your 2012 starting off? What healthy actions have you taken so far?
Looking back at December goals:
- Exercise more days than I don’t. That works out to an average of 4 days a week which is totally doable. SUCCESS. I worked out 18 of the 31 days in December. Very happy with that for December!
- Continue yoga once a week. SUCCESS!
- Floss every night. SUCCESS!
- Continue building core strength and building up to 2 minute plank. EH – I did focus on my core in my gym workouts and my yoga studio does abs during each class. But I didn’t really pay much attention to that elusive 2 minute plank. I am happy breaking it up into two 1-minute planks.
- Stretch and foam roll for 10 minutes every morning and every night. FAIL. I totally blew it on this. I am going to keep trying to foam role and stretch more often to compliment my yoga “practice”.
Pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! Looking back at December and how well I did with my goals makes me feel hopefully for how well I will do with my 2012 Resolutions. Aaron made a great suggestion that I print off my resolutions and keep them somewhere I can see them on a daily basis. He is so smart!!